Work is underway to transform an existing building in the heart of Leeds’s Temple district into a fit-for-purpose facility that will raise the bar for clinical conduct and volunteer engagement. The new site will consolidate our two existing central Leeds locations into one facility just minutes away from hospitals and key transportation links. We will be in good company, as the Temple district is an emerging economic development zone housing several technology and life science companies.
This investment will expand the Leeds clinic bed capacity by over 30%. The exciting combination of talent and innovative design will support efficiencies and enhance collaboration, offering key benefits to clients and volunteers:
- Higher capacity for residential stays, screening and outpatient visits
- All clinical operations conducted on a single floor
- Co-located clinical conduct and clinical support, driving faster decision making
- Convenient location near the railway station, with excellent transportation links providing easy access for volunteers, visitors and our teams
- Increased cGMP pharmacy space, including four separate preparation rooms with a wealth of storage
- Roof-top space purposefully designed to support volunteer and colleague wellbeing
By refurbishing rather than rebuilding, we will limit the embodied carbon emissions otherwise generated by demolition and the production and transportation of new construction materials. Site improvements for this sustainable development are expected to be completed by early 2023. We look forward to the ribbon-cutting for this world-class Phase I clinic, welcoming our partners to the heart of vibrant Leeds as we collaborate on ground-breaking drug development programs.
Read the press release for more information.